Kapnick Insurance Group
Ann Arbor, MI, United States
Account Management, Sales
Jan 11, 2022
Account Managers create long-term, trusting relationships with our clients and carriers. They answer client inquiries and identify new business opportunities among existing clients. Their primary role is to pro-actively manage all services provided to our clients while looking for ways to improve quality and add value. In this role, the account manager interacts with the Client/Account Executive and all cross-functional internal teams to improve the entire customer experience. They do all this while representing our agency in a manner consistent with our Core Values.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Promptly identify, manage and resolve all client issues (administrative, billing, claims) in a timely manner
• Maintain client account information in accordance with established procedures
• Consult with Client Executive or Account Executive on a regular basis
• Review and prepare renewal proposals for clients
• Coordinate renewal confirmation materials and open enrollment packets for clients, including required carrier documents and customized client employee communication materials
• Oversee the submission of group applications to insurance carriers and assist with the implementation process of client's policies
• Act as client's liaison to other service departments within our benefits division
• Participate in department meetings, team meetings, and training sessions as required
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Perform your job in such a manner that other employees will consider it a pleasure and privilege to work with you
• Regular and timely attendance is an essential function of the job
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word.
• Confidentiality - Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with Kapnick privacy guidelines including but not limited to HIPAA/HITECH as it relates to all divisions of Kapnick Insurance.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Empathetic - Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
• Flexibility and Stress - Ability to be flexible and handle high stress situations in a professional manner.
• Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
• Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Professionalism - Represent Kapnick professionally both internally and externally at all times.
• Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Teamwork - Ability to be part of a team and work cohesively to achieve goals.
• Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school): Preferred
Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school): Preferred
1-2 years Employee Group Benefit Experience, preferred
Advanced computer skills especially in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher)
Working longer hours is expected when required to get the job done, especially during peak season. Ability to understand and analyze life and health benefit coverages.
Other Physical Requirements
Work on multiple monitors for up to 6 hours a day
Must be able to travel to other offices or client locations when requested
This is an office environment in a controlled atmosphere building.
Kapnick Insurance Group
Website : http://www.kapnick.com