New York & Company, Inc.
Paramus, NJ, United States
District Sales Leader
NJ - PARAMUS PARK - 184
New York/Northern New Jersey/Long Island
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
Directs and coordinates the activities within a multi-store market to meet all District goals and plans with ultimate accountability for supporting the achievement of the Company’s sales and profit objectives. The District Sales Leader is specifically responsible for providing leadership, support, education, training and solution based recommendations for the Store Management Teams that drive customer engagement, business growth, expense control and profitable sales.
• Recruits, selects, on-boards, coaches, develops, and retains store management
• Ensures that Store Sales Leaders manage the recruitment, selection, training, and development of talent within stores
• Ensures that all associates are trained using company training programs
• Ensures that all managers and associates are trained on new and existing policies and procedures
• Provides feedback and coaching to ensure company objectives meet or exceed expectations
• Establishes store management development plans and follows up to ensure completion
• Ensures that performance appraisals and compensation reviews are handled in a fair, timely, and consistent manner
• Follows the Performance Management process as documented in the HR guidelines
• Supervises the documentation of unsatisfactory performance and policy violations for store associates
• Identifies and develops succession plans for the district to ensure development of talent and timely placement to fill open positions
• Ensures compliance with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policies
• Works through store management to ensure the highest level of customer service in all stores at all times
• Reviews store schedules and identifies opportunities to maximize volume
• Identifies stores with the maximum business opportunities and schedules visits accordingly
• Ensures the achievement of store metrics throughout the district
• Uses company reports to analyze business results
• Identifies performance improvement opportunities
• Communicates expectations to SSLs through one-on-one and touch base meetings
• Reviews and improves: sales results, talent, operational excellence, merchandising, and the level of customer service
• Identifies, communicates, and implements best practices throughout the district
Builds the Brand
• Ensures all stores meet visual presentation standards
• Ensures stores are set and maintained to the current visual merchandise direction
• Drives the timely and efficient completion of floor sets throughout the district
• Ensures stores are neat, clean, and organized
• Models the customer service standard
• Leads the effective and timely execution of all brand initiatives
• Conducts store audits to identify opportunities for improvement
• Executes all loss prevention programs
• Develops strategies to reduce shrink throughout the district
• Ensures company standards for all policies and procedures are maintained and followed
• Directs the execution of all visual programs and tests to ensure timely and accurate completion
• Minimum of five years of retail store management experience. A minimum of three years multi-store/department store experience preferred.
• Solid business acumen and analytical skills, can confidently analyze and speak to the Store’s business
• Strong selling and customer service orientation; ensures the customer is always a top priority.
• Excellent merchant skills, knowledgeable of our merchandise and confident making visual and merchandise decisions that cater to the Stores market and customer base.
• A decision maker who takes accountability for their actions
• Great Brand Ambassador, strong personal presence, passionate, fashionable, confident, poised, articulate, credible, professional and acts with integrity
• Demonstrated proficiency in recruiting, training, sales generation, operations, and merchandising
• Excellent talent selection and development skills
• Excellent communication, delegation, follow-up, time-management, and analytical skills
• Proven ability to multi-task and direct activities at all levels
• Physical ability to perform Store related activities, to move and handle merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which may entail lifting.
• Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed based on the needs of the business.
• Knowledge of basic computer skills
• Must be able to travel, as required
• All job functions should be performed according to the appropriate organizational leadership and functional competencies.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent in work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
New York & Company, Inc.
Website : http://www.nyandcompany.com
New York & Company, Inc. is a leading specialty manufacturer and retailer of women's fashion apparel and accessories providing women with modern, wear to work solutions that are multi-functional at affordable prices. The Company was incorporated in 1918 and has been public since 2004. It is headquartered in New York City. New York & Company's proprietary branded New York & Company merchandise is sold exclusively through its national network of over 500 New York & Company retail stores, New York & Company outlet stores, and E-commerce store at nyandcompany.com. New York & Company exists to make women look great and feel good. We make our customers feel confident, put-together, attractive, and fashion-right.At New York & Company, we value our associates across all departments and recognize their importance to the business. In fact, we set the standard among retailers in providing opportunities for career advancement. After all, the best person for a job is often the one who already knows the company and its culture. So we always try to promote associates who deliver results, and we support inter-departmental moves that develop a desired career path. We are committed to the success of our associates. We bring the energy, excitement and style of New York City – the fashion capital of the world – to women everywhere. New York & Company dresses women who work…and every woman works.