Brooklyn, NY, United States
General Statement of Duties:
The Premier Banker is expected to deliver a superior branch experience by welcoming customers to the branch and making their banking needs your top priority. The Premier Banker is engaged in all aspects of customer interaction involving sales, service and transaction processing, focusing on building full banking relationships with current clients and prospects, while seizing opportunities to promote, explain, recommend and cross-sell bank products and services. The Premier Banker will ensure the customer’s financial needs are met by conducting a thorough financial needs assessment and recommending appropriate solutions that fulfill the customers immediate and future needs. This position is part of a team of professional individuals with a shared focus on delivering a world class customer service experience. The Premier Banker will be responsible for acquisition and portfolio management of a ‘Premier’ client base. May be asked to perform duties as the officer in charge when Branch Manager is not present.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Meet or exceed all financial objectives pertaining to individual goals and branch team goals. Individual targets will include an Investment/Insurance revenue goal as well as expectations for Premier Checking growth.
• Engage with customers following established customer interaction model, to establish new customer relationships, retain and deepen existing customer relationships and provide highest customer service standards .
• Utilize a consultative selling approach to understand customer needs and financial goals, offer appropriate solutions and refer to business partners when necessary. Identify clients with higher levels of investable assets and offer Premier checking as the best in class banking package.
• As a designated Premier banker, will manage a portfolio of clients with expectations of retaining and deepening their relationship and establishing a vibrant referral network.
• Leverage licenses and investment basic knowledge to recommend investment and insurance solutions. Perform required activities to achieve Investment sales goals. Establish effective partnership with the Financial Consultant.
• Proactively and professionally greet customers as they enter the branch and determine the best way to manage their experience.
• Engage in outbound calling and outreach activities to generate a consistent flow of qualified referrals and building a robust pipeline of sales opportunities.
• Encourage automated transaction handling to customers by “hip to hip” demonstration. If automation is not possible, accept and process deposits, payments, checks for cashing and other transactions via manual processing, according to established procedures and standards for performance.
• Handle servicing of customer accounts and resolve issues efficiently and effectively, with the highest of customer service standards. The customer needs to be in the center of everything we do in the branch.
• May be the officer in charge when BM is not available, taking lead on all sales initiatives and insuring an exceptional client branch experience.
• Adhere to compliance and operations risk controls in accordance with the company and regulatory standards, policies and practices. Be able to efficiently and effectively access operational policies and procedures. Perform operational responsibilities as designated by management.
• Establish proficiency of the Bank’s systems needed to effectively service customers with the highest of service standards
• Employees may be required to participate in the opening of safe deposit boxes due to nonpayment of rent or for other reasons. The Bank does not control or monitor the contents of the safe deposit box, and the Bank is not responsible for materials, photos, or other items which may be found in such box. Employees may find themselves presented with offensive, objectionable or unlawful materials, photos or other items in connection with the opening of safe deposit boxes. An employee who encounters any such item should consult with a supervisor regarding appropriate handling.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field, or comparable education and/or experience is required.
• 5 years of experience in a financial institution or comparable experience in a selling environment.
• The financial expertise and experience to offer product recommendations that will help customers with their immediate financial needs, as well as providing guidance to achieve their long term financial goals and dreams.
• Highly driven to grow one’s own personal capabilities by actively participating in opportunities to expand knowledge, influencing, leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills effective communication skills leading to strong client service and sales skills.
• A track record of working effectively in a team environment and building relationships with colleagues.
• Knowledge of financial institution operations and procedures. Requires a working knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to financial institution and the ability to interpret and understand laws and regulations.
• Ability to apply strong analytical skills in reviewing data received from business partners.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with internal business partners demonstrating a working knowledge of major business functions.
• Effective communication skills including oral and written skills. Requires the ability to work with all levels of management and staff.
• Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, and Excel and multiple computer and software systems. Technology proficient for providing on line and mobile banking demonstrations and understands how social media plays in to today’s financial world.
• Travel to branches and departments within the five boroughs, Nassau and Suffolk counties, as well as to local companies to deliver BAW on sites
• Securities & Health/Life licensing is preferred, but not required.
• A high level of trustworthiness, character, professionalism, confidentiality, and honesty in dealing with colleagues and customers.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Website : https://www.flushingbank.com