Gaithersburg, MD, United States
Retail, Sales, Customer Service
Retail Commission Sales - Jewelry, Flex: Lakeforest','71169235','!*!Job Overview:
The Jewelry Sales associate is responsible for providing outstanding customer service in the Jewelry & Watch Complex. This includes meeting hourly sales and Star Rewards goals on a personal and departmental basis, demonstrating superior product knowledge to customers, building a clientele using the My Client system, offering the customer our Worry No More service plan and creating a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable. The Jewelry Sales associate will participate in ongoing training via the iPad as well as attend vendor and trainer facilitated trainings. Additionally, all Jewelry Sales associates participate in all aspects of ensuring the department is operating efficiently including but not limited to processing goods, merchandising, taking price changes, setting and signing sales, doing RTVs, BOPS & Fulfillment.
In a Flex (Flexible Work Team) position, you’ll design your own schedule each week by selecting your shifts from those available in your area or zone. While you won’t have assigned shifts or guaranteed hours each week, you’ll have maximum flexibility to earn money – and a generous employee discount - around your personal schedule. On key days or peak shopping times, however - like a One Day Sale or the week leading up to Valentine’s Day – you will be assigned a shift. These assigned shifts are based on preferences that you set and update periodically during the year.
• Be proficient in use of all POS systems including Search and Send and My Client.
• Be proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own.
• Assist customers in all aspects of service, and qualify customer needs, figure out what's right for them by using steps of MAGIC & Fine Touch Selling.
• Offer to put purchase on customer’s Macy’s charge account.
• Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection.
• Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm that demonstrates Macy’s commitment to our customer.
• Participate in pre-selling and sales driving events including trunk shows to maximize sales.
• Stay informed on current promotional events and sales.
• Offer and promote benefits of extended service plan to all customers purchasing Fine Jewelry & Watches.
• Use clientele program to maintain customer profile and contact information to increase personal sales and build solid customer base.
• Perform all aspects of fulfillment process; including, but not limited to: picking, packing, labeling, shipping and BOPS.
• Offer to call other locations if merchandise is unavailable within store or offer Search & Send.
• Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to Jewelry (POS procedures, iPad, Operations, Asset Protection).
• Ensure proper processing, presentation, organization, storing, and replenishment of stock. Maintain Recovery & Fill in Standards.
• Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness; ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented.
• Perform other duties as assigned, including but not limited to watch sizing and ear piercing.
• Adhere to asset protection programs and procedures to ensure audit compliance.
• Perform functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the supervisor.
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Previous selling experience is required, preferably in fine jewelry.
• Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Able to use a calculator.
• Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
• This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing.
• Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
• Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
• May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
• Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Superior organizational and time management skills.
• Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to build relationships and influence others.
• Must possess a thirst for knowledge.
• Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
• Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
• Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.','','United States-Maryland-Gaithersburg','Commissioned Sales','Retail Commission Sales - Jewelry, Flex: Lakeforest
Website : http://www.macys.com
Macy’s, Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers, with fiscal 2012 sales of $27.7 billion. The company operates the Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s brands with about 840 department stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, and the macys.com and bloomingdales.com websites. The company also operates 13 Bloomingdale’s Outlet stores.